HOME
Dummy Duck is 20-ish years old! Well, the character hasn't aged much, but he was created about 20 years ago. This website is like a junk drawer for all the random Dummy-related nicknacks I've got lying around.
Wednesday, October 05, 2011
  Walk animation

Here's a little walk animation I made. I drew the grid in the background to match up with the Game-Maker grid. Then I added a walk cycle template onto it, and scaled it down to the proper size. I busted out the handy dandy Wacom tablet (which I'm really enjoying using) and drew Dummy to fit onto it. I'm purposely going with the color palette from the NES, to try to mimic the feel of the old Nintendo games. I borrowed the idea from Aderack from the Game-Maker Archives, who sent me a preview of a game he's working on with that same color palette. It's amazing how the right color palette can have such a big impact on how the game feels.

Labels: ,

 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Interactive claymation, Flash games, cartoons, comics, downloads, and a crapload of other junk to keep you distracted from doing work!


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]